Monday, March 17, 2014

Another snow day...

I cannot complain that we are enjoying another snow day, although it feels as though we have had one every week since January.  It is so wonderful to relax at home guilt-free.  I generally set one goal for the day and try one new recipe, along with making celebratory chocolate chip cookies. 

Today, I completed my Canadian taxes (last snow day, I did my U.S. ones) and made Moroccan couscous with chickpeas, along with the perfect chocolate chip cookies from Cook's Illustrated.  (These are amazing!  The secret seems to lie in browning the butter.)  The sweet, familiar smell of vanilla is so comforting.  It reminded me of reading that it is used as a key ingredient for some perfumes, although this article about it's usage just made me laugh.

Here are a couple of other things that made me laugh today:

- Rick Mercer making fun of Canadian excitement over warm(er) weather;

- President Obama on "Between Two Ferns" with Zach Galifianakis;

- and this Automobile Association ad from the U.K.


No comments:

Post a Comment